May 7, 2008
This is a traditional Jamaican snack and is quite easy to make.
You just have to get your mixture to the right degree of stickiness
before removing from the stove. You will need:-
2 cups grated coconut (with all the brown stuff removed)
3 cups granulated sugar (Brown sugar can also be used, add Ginger though)
1/2 cup water
White Vanilla or Almond Flavouring (optional)
A pinch of salt
1. Combine all ingredients in an saucepan. Ensure it's a thick one.
2. Boil until the Coconut is soft. The liquid will be all gone by this time.
3. Ensure that the mixture is sticky enough to hold together.
4. Remove from heat and beat Mixture for 1-2 Minutes.
5. Place on a greased sheet in heaps using a table spoon.
Make a small depression in the middle of each cake.
6. Colour a small amount of Coconut and place in small heaps atop the bigger cake.
7. Alternately, you may place coconut in a square dish and press
with the back of a spoon. Second batch will have to be made in
this instance and coloured. Allow to cool and cut into sqares.
please visit my web site http://onelovelife.com